Thursday, January 17, 2008

shutterfly.com

Shutterfly is an online photo storage site with a focus on facilitating printed output. A month ago I took pictures at a family function and folks asked me to upload to Shutterfly so that they could browse the fotos and then order prints for pickup at Target.

I'm a long time flickr user; it was fun to try another service.

A couple clicks and it'd integrated into my iPhoto. Then it ran me through registration and *presto* I was uploading photos. Very slick.

It was simple to share the album with the folks from the family function. And when people added comments to photos, the site sent me a summary the next day. *Click* and there I am, reading folks' comments. Very seamless.

Clearly this is a site driven by users' feedback and usage, rather than business requirements to "monetize" and "up sell" everything. I'm very impressed!

No comments: