Monday, December 29, 2008

Acer Aspire One Netbook


A few months ago I replaced my usual spiral notebook with an Acer Aspire One netbook. I'm usually out and about when I feel like jotting things down, hence the spiral notebook, but I type *whey* faster than I write. Now I can whip out an under-a-kilo dinky laptop and take notes, without having to clear off a swath of table space.

It's perfect for working with text, taking grubby webcam clips, tuning-in to Pandora, late-night ssh connections to the office -- simple stuff. Keep your MacBook Pro for the heavy stuff ... but keep it at home!

Case-Mod Tip: To dress it up, I found (after much sticky trial and error) that printing graphics on premium photo paper and then using "photo mount" spray adhesive to attach it to the case works nicely.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These little guys are really attractive. And I like your skinning process - it looks good in the photo. The idea of a one-kilo notebook is very attractive. My TabletPC was nice, but its screen has gone kaflooey so I can no longer draw on the screen. (I know these other little guys are not touch-screen.) Acer is really on the right track.